20 Mar Covid-19 Update
Posted at 10:39h in Article
Turning Point is continuing to function during this crisis. Here are some of the measures we are taking:
- Turning Point is following the guidelines of the CDC, World Health Organization and Minnesota Health Department and remains fully functional at this time.
- School closures mandated by Governor Waltz could have an effect on employees and management will deal with those on a case-by-case basis. Several employees are working from home, and teleconferencing/video conferencing will be used as needed.
- After long and thorough consideration, we have canceled this year’s Honors Gala. The April 21 Board meeting is canceled as well as Board Committee meetings. We have also canceled a planned staff training day, weekly Aftercare meetings, limited weekly Family Concerns group to clients only and suspended HIV testing.
- Management has been explaining and enforcing social distancing with employees and clients. Staff has communicated with the clients as to hygiene practices (i.e. shaking hands, washing hands, covering cough, etc.).
- We are still admitting clients, but we have implement some limits on walk-in traffic to our building. We are working both inpatient and outpatient clients to provide more space to allow for smaller groups to meet. We have also limited visitors to the facilities.
- We are disinfecting stair railings, doorknobs, elevator buttons, front desk area and other surfaces every hour during business hours. We have distributed hand sanitizer, disinfectant and gloves to all staff members.